Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Best Tressed

Happy Wedding Wednesday! :D

When we say weddings, I think it's safe to say that the first person we all want to see the most is the bride.
What does her dress look like? Her bouquet? Her makeup? And most importantly, her hair?

They say the hair is our crowning glory, and I personally think our hairstyle can make or break a look.
Your wedding day is probably the day when it is of the utmost importance to have THE perfect hairstyle, don't you think? ;)

Best Tressed
Here's the hairsay on the hottest bridal 'dos that dominated the runways this season.

Photobucket

Elegance is all yours with these classic bridal updos -- providing a polished finish to your big-day look.

1. TOP KNOT -- For the high-style bride, a chic chignon is a no-fuss no-brainer.


Molly Sims and Hilary Duff

2. CLEAN SWEEP -- Spruce up your sophistication status with a clean sweep off the face. This subtly sexy and stylish 'do is sure to wow on your big day.


Princess Charlene of Monaco and Chelsea Clinton

Photobucket

Loose and relaxed, run-your-fingers-through-it hair is perfect for the easy-breezy bride who desires movement.

3. FASHION PLAITS -- A boho bride always loves her braids, and there are many variations to this fanciful look; whether a sweet-and-low fishtail or a crown-topping compact coil, a plait can make an ultra-feminine statement.


Jenna Bush and Kristen Stewart (as Bella Swan)

4. LIFT OFF -- Do your best pinup and try a loose, easy updo for your big-day look. Gently teasing the strands at the roots will create that soft, dreamy style.


Katherine Heigl and Nikki Reed

***magazine scans from Bridal Guide***

These hairstyles are all so beautiful, I can't even pick a favorite!
I love the look of the top knot, while the clean sweep is classic. I love love love braids, but I also love how romantic a loose updo is. :)

Which of these four styles is your favorite?
How did you/ will you wear your hair on your wedding day?

----------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Want to win a $100 Shopbop gift card? Join my Shopbop giveaway!
It is open internationally and it will end tomorrow (June 14th) at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

80 comments:

  1. I agree, and you want to have your hair still represent your style, but be elegant and comfortable throughout your day! Love Katherine Heigl's undo and make-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, i definitely agree! i think being comfortable with your hairstyle is important. :)

      Delete
  2. Think Jenna Bush looks the most natural and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! her hair looks so natural. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I just love fancy updos and bridal styles! I wish my hair was long like it used to be so I could do some of these- I'll have to wait awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, i wish my hair was as long as it used to be. ;)

      Delete
  4. Some very sweet styles. I just love seeing Niki Reed with those sunflowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the natural ones. Good selection!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty hair styles! It is really hard to choose the prettiest :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Top Knot! Great post, Mimi! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it I hated my hair on my wedding day =( this makes me want to get married again loll

    great post

    xoxo
    curves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, haha! i'm sure you looked radiant on your wedding day! :)

      Delete
  9. I like clean sweep, I am a sucker for classic looks like Princess Charlene's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilary Duff is amazing in her dress and I love Katherine Heigl look too! Great post darling!

    Kisses,

    Benedetta

    www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My faves are the top knot and the lift off - so gorgeous! I had my bangs swept to the side and a semi-high volume updo that looked like a French twist with little curls pinned around it. Hmm, hard to describe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can imagine it, you described it well! :D

      Delete
  12. hello, hello, hello :D

    Just found your blog and i think its really cool & amazing, keep go for it! I have to follow you! :))

    Maybe u got time to check out my blog?! Would be really cool

    hugs from Germany,
    Yannick



    http://libertywalk.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you so much! and yeah, i'd love to check out your blog! :D

      Delete
  13. so beautiful:(
    my friend got engaged and I am looking for her wedding dress too :D
    xx
    www.vnikali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, congratulations to your friend! :D

      Delete
  14. Beautiful blog :)

    http://lajune16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the idea of a top knot for wedding hair - gorgey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always love the wedding dresses on the runways or royal weddings ;) xx Nini

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the big bun trend, I think it's perfect for a bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to get married next month, I'm so exited! I love my dress!!!!!
    Thanks for visit my blog
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, congratulations!!! i wish you all the best! :D

      Delete
  19. I like the first look; although, I've always pictured myself with hair down and curled on my big day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that look is beautiful too! :)

      Delete
  20. I love the braids. I did braids at my wedding so I'm quite partial to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love braids too! i bet you looked fantastic on your wedding day. :D

      Delete
  21. Lovely hair styles!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love looking at wedding dresses. Dreaming of that day... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. My hair would be down, with maybe a mini updo

    ReplyDelete
  24. i def want my hair down in loose curls! and then for the reception same thing but with like a white flower or something pretty, white & sparkly in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beautiful! :D i kinda want something different for the reception too. ;)

      Delete
  25. Amazing 'dos!
    Especially loving the high buns!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the top knot!! wish i could do it to my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These hairstyles are not only great for weddings, but for any formal event! I like the "lift off."

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mimi i love this. I really cannot afford to get married again...lol We had two weddings. The civil and church :) now maybe a Vegas wedding? lol Just so i get the chance to do an up-do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, i'm glad you love it! :D haha, why not, right?! a vow renewal, perhaps? :)

      Delete
  29. I love these styles :D definitely will have to tell my sister about it..shes getting married in December...heck why not?! I should do it just for fun :P even if im not the one getting married :P gotta look good right??! I love Hillary Duff's do and Katherine Heigl :D Ahh...you gave me an idea *spongebob tone* LOL

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congratulations to your sister!!! :D and yeah, definitely, you should go ahead and try out these hairstyles. :D

      Delete
  30. They're all very pretty!
    I think I've always imagined myself with a
    loose updo with some kind of braiding :p

    ReplyDelete
  31. Replies
    1. aww, that sounds beautiful!!! :D

      Delete
  32. Great post Mimi!! I agree these styles are all stunning; I guess it comes down to the bride's personality and the style of the ceremony. On pinterest I've seen a lot of low touseled buns which are also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, kat! :D and yeah, i agree that it really comes down to the bride's personality and style. :)

      Delete