Happy Friday, everyone!
It's the last Friday of April, and I think the world started it with a bang. :)
Now that May is coming, it's time to think about what to give our Moms for Mother's Day. :D
A Mother's Day gift idea? Perfume.
1. Banana Republic Wildbloom - camellia and hydrangea, light and neutral = perfect for summer ($48, Banana Republic)
2. Emilio Pucci Vivara Variazioni Verde 072 - neroli and rose blend = for your adventurous side ($59, Sephora)
3. Oscar de la Renta Esprit d'Oscar - jasmine and tuberose with citrus and tonka bean ($98, Nordstrom)
4. Flora by Gucci Eau Fraiche - kumquat, rose, and osmanthus = romantic ($65, Macy's)
5. Christian Dior Milly-la-Foret - mandarin, bergamot, and neroli ($225, www.dior.com)
6. Hermes Iris Ukiyoe - airy floral scent = classic and cool ($235, Hermes)
Okay, I am kinda liking some of these... maybe, if you have some extra money to spend, you can buy a perfume for yourself too! ;)
More floral perfume information from www.sephora.com:
The most popular fragrance family, Floral is a blend of mixed bouquets of jasmine, rose, white peony, gardenia, and tuberose. These fragrances are either pure and flowery, or subtly warmed with a touch of spice or fruit for a soft, powdery finish.
Women who favor floral fragrances are elegant, feminine, and passionate romantics.
Here are three different types of florals, and some perfumes I like :) ---
Floral: Florals blend of one or more of rose, peony, tuberose, jasmine, orchid, lily of the valley - inherently feminine and fabulously flowery.
Ralph Lauren Romance ($45-$78)
Juicy Couture Juicy Couture ($18-$87)
Daisy by Marc Jacobs ($20-$75)
White floral: Pure white blossoms like jasmine, gardenia, and freesia mingle to create opulent essences, often the fragrances of choice for brides-to-be.
Vera Wang Sheer Veil ($92)
Soft Floral: Classic floral notes, such as white flowers and rose, are mixed with powdery notes of iris, vanilla, or a touch of citrus to create a soft and clean scent.
Clinique Happy In Bloom, Limited Edition ($32)
Which of these perfumes sound (and look) good to you? Do you use any of these?
Here is a picture of Kate... oh whoops, I mean Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge... wearing a second Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress for their evening reception.
What did you think of the Royal Wedding?
Have a fantastic weekend! :D