Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fancies: Mason Jars

Happy Friday! :)

When I was a little girl, my parents would always take us to our favorite quaint restaurant. 
Besides their delicious food (waffles with whipped cream and strawberries!), I loved loved loved how they served all their drinks in mason jars!

Even though I love mason jars, I don't think we ever really bought any to use at home.
A couple of months ago, however, my Mom bought tomato sauce in jars. 
When the time came for me to get rid of those jars, I had a maybe not-so-brilliant idea... I'll wash them and I'll have mason jars!

So, that's what I did (this is probably the closest thing I'm ever gonna get to a DIY, by the way, haha!) -- I washed the jars thoroughly, I carefully took off the labels, and I scratched off the remaining parts of the sticky label... et voil√†:


Yay, mason jars!

I've just been using them mainly as drinking glasses, as I shared on Twitter:


Sorry, that's a really bad iPhone photo! :/

We should just look at beautiful Pinterest photos! ;)

Drinking glasses --

mason glass jar | Tumblr

Nectarine basil iced tea. I love any drink in a mason jar

Candle holders --

mason jar candles

mason jar candles

Vase --

Mason Jar Vase

mason jar vase

Storage --

Mason Jar Organizer Mason Jar Organizer Mason Jar Organizer

Mason Jar Storage

I know a lot of you guys love mason jars too, so...

Where do you get your mason jars from?
How do you use them? Any new ideas?

I hope you are all having a great day so far!
And happy weekend! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

54 comments:

  1. Love all the mason jar uses on pinterest! Hope you enjoy your new jars and yummy drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love them too, pinterest is so awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I'm absolutely in love with these mason jar ideas. I really want to make a cute drink just so I can pour it into a jar now! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi hilary, you're welcome! thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment too! and thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  3. aren't mason jars the greatest- so versatile, so adorable and so practical all at the same time! love your cute blog! Happy Weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! you described them well! ;) and aww, thank you, i really appreciate that! happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I love mason jars.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I aboslutely adore this post. I have so many jars around, and I now I totally know what to do with them. Fabulous blog girl!
    I would mean SO much to me if you could check out my latest post!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks, morgan! and sure, i'll check out your latest post. :D

      Delete
  6. Lovely ideas, darling!
    The vases are my favorite!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post!
    wish you a fantastic & fashionable weekend

    kisses dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish you a fantastic and fashionable weekend too! :)

      Delete
  8. My Mason jars are full of buttons!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you can use them for jam too..just need new lids. I've been making blackberry, raspberry and plum jam most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really want to learn how to make jam! thanks for the idea, ellie! :)

      Delete
  10. Ooh, I absolutely love Mason Jars - they are truly one of the cutest things. Very quaint and charming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Mason Jars. Super cute! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.
    -Tina
    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! thanks for stopping by too! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi dear !!
    Thanks a lot for ur lovely comment (:
    Oh I think that it is a really great idea dear!!! (:

    xx from
    http://heelsandroses.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi elisabeth! you're welcome and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  13. Some restaurants served water in these mason jars and I love it! Check out my blog for a giveaway! Have a great weekend.

    xo Jo

    http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i love it when restaurants use mason jars! :D

      Delete
  14. Awesome post, Mimi!!!

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would it be so uncool of me if I said I never heard of mason jars before? :$ but they looks awesome, that's brilliant what you did there!

    Arwa ♥
    Arwasblogpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not at all! and thanks, i'm glad you think so! :)

      Delete
  16. Mason jars are super cute and versatile! You can pretty much use them for anything. ;]

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Twitter/Facebook/Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a easy DIY..love it
    Thanks for visiting me,yeah m following you...please follow back to keep in touch through comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, super easy! ;) you're welcome and thanks for following! :D

      Delete
  18. Loving mason jars! Such cute DIYs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are so versatile! Pinterest has some great ideas of how to use them :)

    www.studentfab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. i LOVE THIS!!! i use to brunch at this wonderful place when i was still living in the bay area and they served all their drinks in mason jars and i use to comment all the time how much i loved it.. i really should do this for my own home haha :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's so fun to drink in mason jars! ;)

      Delete
  21. Wow, I love the candle and storage ideas! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mason jars are so DIY project-friendly. I'll need to get them into my budget somehow. :p

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mason jars are super versatile, awesome!

    ReplyDelete