Happy Monday! :D
A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by an up-and-coming company named Spirit Ink.
I really loved their name, so I was interested right off the bat, of course! :)
Cute envelope and font! :)
Some information about Spirit Ink:
Founders Jane, Hayon, and Jennifer, friends since elementary school, have always had a fascination with tattoos. But being deathly afraid of needles didn’t help with their desire for getting inked. On a quest for temporary tattoos, the only selection found were of kitschy dragons and Chinese characters.
The girls then decided to collaborate to make SPIRIT INK, a fresh take on temporary tattoos for those who also appreciate the artistry, but who don’t want to commit to the permanency or pain. The SPIRIT INK girls hand cut and pack every order and hope to bring a little joy to each customer.
So channel your inner-rebel -- at Coachella, at a party, or if it’s just another day.
I loved this -- I thought it was a nice touch! :)
"...being deathly afraid of needles didn’t help with their desire for getting inked" -- That is so totally me, haha!
That's why I was so happy to work with Spirit Ink... at least once in my life, I'd be able to rock a tattoo! ;)
The way they present their products mirrors the vibe of their company -- modern, young, hip, and fun!
a note from The Spirit Ink Team
They sent me a bunch of temporary tattoos in different designs:
medium infinity sign/ love/ small infinity sign/ giraffe/ whale/ bow/ anchor/ Spirit Ink
They hand cut each and every one of their temporary tattoos -- if that's not patience and dedication, then I don't know what is! :)
1. Take your tattoo and peel away the clear plastic layer.
2. Apply the tattoo's sticky side to your skin.
3. Cover the tattoo paper area with a wet cloth for 10-15 seconds or until paper slides off easily.
4. Enjoy! It should last 1-2 days.
I put the bigger infinity sign on my wrist because I am a Revenge fan, and Emily Thorne has a double infinity tattoo on her wrist, haha! I'm
so cool such a dork, I know! ;)
My infinity tattoo got wet, but it didn't come off.
After about 8 hours though, it started peeling on the sides, probably because I placed it on my wrist -- the constant bending must've done it. But even though it was peeling, it still looked good.
The next day, when half the infinity sign came off, my OCD kicked in and I peeled the rest off.
I gotta warn you, it hurt! But, at least we know that they really stick! ;)
My sisters put theirs on their foot (seen above and below), and they didn't peel off as quickly as mine did.
Their friends even thought their tattoos were real! :)
Some additional instructions for putting on your temporary tattoos:
- The skin should be clean, free of oils and makeup.
- If tattoo becomes wet, dab gently to dry. Do not rub.
- To maximize your tattoo lifetime, avoid lotion on your tattoo.
- SPIRIT INK tattoos typically last about 3-5 days. This depends on how and where they are applied. (As I learned, haha!)
- To remove, you can use rubbing alcohol or baby oil.
- The inside forearm works best!
With every set of tattoos you buy, you get one surprise tattoo for free!
Babylon: Like the Hanging Garden, this collection is filled with flowers, leaves, and other greenery.
Mojave: Spirituality and Native American collection.
Notre Dame: Everything gothic and vintage-y!
Galapagos: Animals and oceans like the Galapagos Island.
Versailles: All things fancy and pretty.
Small: Big enough for fingers
Medium: Big enough for wrists
Large: As big as your palm
X-Large: Big enough for the side of your body
Small (Set of 5) -- $3
Medium (Set of 5) -- $5
Large (Set of 2) -- $7
X-Large -- $11
Learn more about Spirit Ink by visiting their website and Tumblr!
And now, I think it's time we talk about the giveaway...
Spirit Ink is giving one of my lovely readers the same set of tattoos I received, so fun! :)
Mandatory entries -
1. Follow What Mimi Writes via GFC -- let me know you follow in a comment and include your email address. (+1)
2. Follow @WhatMimiWrites on Twitter. (+1)
3. Follow @shopspiritink on Twitter. (+1)
Extra entries -
4. Visit www.shopspiritink.com and tell me which tattoo design is your favorite. (+2)
5. Tweet about the giveaway, mention both @WhatMimiWrites and @shopspiritink -- let me know/ leave me a link.
You can use this tweet: #Giveaway: #Win a set of temporary tattoos from @shopspiritink over @WhatMimiWrites! Open to all! Ends 9/20! Join: http://tinyurl.com/c6tdjus :) (+2)
6. Like Spirit Ink on Facebook -- leave your Facebook name in the comments. (+3)
7. Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook -- leave your Facebook name in the comments. (+3)
8. Say Hello! to Spirit Ink on Facebook and tell them What Mimi Writes sent you there -- leave me a link to your wall post. (+3)
9. Mention this giveaway on your blog, either on a post or on your sidebar -- let me know/ leave me a link. (+4)
A total of 20 possible entries!
This giveaway is open internationally.
It will end on Thursday, September 20th at 11:59pm PST.
The winner will be chosen via random.org and notified via email.
Good luck!!! :D