Happy Friday! :)
I have these magazine scans left over from summer... I know, I know, it's already fall, but these hairstyles are just too good to pass up... and besides, a lot of our other blog friends are fast approaching summer. I also gotta add that the good thing about hairstyles is that they will still be perfect no matter the season, right?! ;)
So, here we go...
The Lucky Guide to [SUMMER] HAIR
Healthy, shiny, not too perfect and super sexy -- these are the looks that truly go anywhere, no matter what the weather, no matter what your hair type.
***click to enlarge***
1. THE UNDONE UPDO - Offhandedly rumpled and wispy, this look is super-sultry -- and practical -- especially if it's humid or windy. We love combing in a little hair oil or a bit of pomade through the ends for the perfect laid-back texture, not to mention an extra dose of conditioning moisture.
2. SUPREME SHINE - Shiny hair is healthy hair, whether slicked back and pulled into a braid -- or in a free-flowing blowout. Shine enhancers now come built into every step, from shampoo to style.
3. THE SOFTEST, SEXIEST CURL - Fighting frizz is the challenge here. The solution is to lock in moisture for softness, creating a barrier between the hair cuticle and the air outside. Coat wet hair with conditioners and stylers designed to repel humidity, the result will be gorgeous shine and texture.
4. KEEP YOUR COLOR SAFE - Summer is incredibly rough on haircolor. Sun and chlorine are particularly powerful enemies. Use formulas designed to protect color every step of the way -- they really make a difference.
5. THE BOUNCY PONYTAIL - The most flattering ponytail is one that balances volume with smoothness. Use volumizing shampoos, conditioners, and stylers before blow-drying, then finish with a bit of shine-enhancing serum for a clean, fresh look.
6. THE HAIR-PERFECTING SHOWER - Just wetting your hair before you get into a pool fills the cuticle with water, so that much less chlorine gets into your hair. Bolster the effect by slicking on conditioner before going in, and use chlorine-eliminating formulas once you're out.
7. THE ULTIMATE BEACHY WAVES - Salty beach sprays and hydrating texture lotions enhance your natural waves -- or help create new ones. Dry naturally or blow-dry with a diffuser.
I love beachy waves and bouncy ponytails!
And I wish I knew about the "hair-perfecting shower" trick months ago... hmmm, well, there's always next summer. ;)
Have you guys tried any of the products named above?
Which of these hair styles/ hair concerns caught your interest the most?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
To win a pair of circle lenses and one animal case from LensVillage, please click here.
Open internationally. Two winners! Ends on October 27th at 11:59pm PST.
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)