3. Make your own concession stand! Set up a corner with jumbo packs of candy, old-fashioned sodas (you can even find Coca-Cola packaged the old-fashioned way in grocery stores!), and mini bottles of bubbly.
4. Going to see a movie tonight? Save your popcorn box! Place your vase inside and put in beautiful flowers.
You can also try and ask the nice people at the theater concession stand if they can spare you a couple of popcorn boxes, so you won't have to buy another order of popcorn. ;)
5. For table settings, go to a party supply store (like Party City), and get gold plastic plates and utensils.
Turn your paper napkins into Oscar envelopes by following these steps:
Open the napkin and lay it flat. Fold in the top two corners to form a triangle. Fold the bottom edge of the napkin up until it meets the base of the triangle. Then, fold the top triangle down and seal with a gold seal and red ribbon.
6. Serve popcorn in different flavors: Cheesy, Sweet and Spicy, and Rocky Road.
For True Grit-inspired popcorn, serve barbecue rub with plain popcorn.
7. Did you love Black Swan? Have white chocolate martinis with dark chocolate shavings.
For the recipe, visit www.people.com/oscarparty.
8. If like me, you are rooting for The King's Speech, serve English tea sandwiches.
10. There might not be enough time for this last one, but you can save this idea if you ever want to have a Social Network-inspired party:
Order blue and white custom M&Ms, and have Facebook words like "Like", "Ignore", "Confirm", "Poke", etc. written on your M&Ms.
I hope these ideas helped you!
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! :D
Here are links to my previous posts, if you haven't seen them yet: