Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Movie: Made of Honor

This movie came out in May 2008. I'm not sure if it was a hit, but I'm sure that I liked it. It's another wedding movie, and I don't know why, maybe it's the girl in me or me being a wedding-planner to be, but I just love watching wedding-themed movies. They tend to be cute, funny, and 'awwww'-worthy. This movie has all of that. :)
This movie tells the story of Tom (Patrick Dempsey) and Hannah (Michelle Monaghan). They met in college, and ten years later, their friendship is stronger than ever. Tom, being quite the ladies' man didn't really see Hannah as a potential girlfriend until she went to Scotland for work. After his Dad's sixth marriage, Tom starts to think about his future, and he's decided that his future is with Hannah. He then decides to finally ask her to be his girlfriend the night she returns home to New York... but there's one problem: Hannah brings home a fiance.
This is where all the fun and cute moments begin: she asks him to be her maid-of-honor, he says yes, he acts as a dutiful maid-of-honor while working to steal her away from her fiance, Colin (Kevin McKidd). They go to Scotland (Colin is a Scottish Duke!), and plan the wedding. More and more, Tom starts to see that maybe he's waited way too long and that maybe Colin is the perfect man for Hannah.

Hannah, on the other hand, starts to realize that maybe her whirlwind romance and hasty wedding plans are not the right thing for her. She starts to see that she doesn't really know Colin and his family. To add to that, Tom tells her that he loves her on the day before her wedding, adding to her confusion and apprehension more and more.

Okay, I think I've said too much now. The following two pictures will definitely tell you how it ends, but I did leave quite a few details out. If you haven't seen this movie yet and are looking for a light, feel-good movie, I suggest you see it. Watch out for the funny scenes and cute and touching moments between Tom and Hannah. :)

Hannah's Scottish wedding



Tom and Hannah's New York wedding

*all images from Google*

16 comments:

  1. I was at the scottish castle they use in this movie! It's really pretty and is surrounded by the most gorgeous mountains.

    ps. you could totally kayak if you wanted to, I'm not very sporty at all and I like to kayak...I just do it on lakes, not like, rapids, and it's really relaxing. Your arms might be really sore the next day but it's worth it if you have the chance to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie. It's so cute! And ya gotta love Patrick Dempsey.

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love patrick dempsey and he is from maine which I of course like ;)

    hope your having a wonderful week!

    xx
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to watch this movie but I never did. Will definitely check it out soon.:D

    Thanks, Mimi!:D I've had a busy day, this post made me think of a perfect way to relax!:D

    Hope you are having a good Wednesday!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love patrick dempsey. he's a really good actor. this movie was really cute. and i love the way the end up together, as always:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. splendidem-- wow, that's really cool! it looked soo beautiful in the movie. and when i get the chance to kayak, maybe i will. :D

    Kimberlee-- you're so right. we all love patrick dempsey. :D

    Jessie-- patrick dempsey = <3. hope you're having a great week as well! :)

    Marie-- i hope you like it as much as i did. :)

    Carrie-- i love patrick dempsey. wayyy before grey's anatomy. haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that movie!! And Patrick Dempsey is not bad to look at either.

    http://asweetsilverlining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES I love that movie! But then I love every romantic movie. Amelie is my favorite movie ever. You know that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice nice nice niiiice post love it
    love the blog
    i follow
    please follow me back
    xoxo natalia

    http://herointemptation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorraine-- i agree! :D

    Susi-- same here. i love all romantic movies. i've heard of amelie, but i haven't seen it yet.

    natalia-- thanks! and i'll follow you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally loved this movie! everyone in it. These are my favorite types :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alycia-- me too. i love these kinds of movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching wedding themed movies too! And I love McDreamy so I had to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jewels For Hope-- same here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved that movie :) great to see a post on it

    http://thecharmingthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. pixie-- thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete