Wednesday, May 12, 2010

InStyle Best Beauty Buys: Foundation & Cover-Ups

The latest issue of InStyle has the 150 best beauty buys. It was such a relief for me to read that many of them are actually very affordable. Most of us probably have subscriptions or buy InStyle monthly, but for those who do not, I am happy to share with you the products on their list that are $25 and under. :D


They broke them down into categories: makeup, skin, body, and hair. I will be featuring the makeup products this week. Maybe I'll make posts about the other three categories too, if some of you are interested. (Please comment and let me know. Thanks! :D)



Here are the best foundation and cover-up products priced $25 and under:


1. I.D. Bare Minerals - ideal for sensitive-skin types. ($25, ulta.com)
2. L'Oreal True Match - has 24 shades to choose from. ($11, l'orealparis.com)




3. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets - use it to clean up excess oil, blot lipstick or lipgloss. ($5, cvs.com)



4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer - air-whipped texture blends seamlessly and won't settle into fine lines. (about $8)




*all images from Google*


Have you used any of these products? What can you say about them?


*Other makeup product posts coming soon!*

20 comments:

  1. I use the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets.:D Cheaper than the MAC ones and does the job.:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie-- i use that one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have that bare minerals foundation :D the mousse concealer looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets as well. I highly recommend them!
    I would like to try the Mousse Concealer...

    xoxo
    http://kellysboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frances-- it really does look interesting. :)

    Kelly- i'm intrigued, i want to try it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all Bare Minerals stuff!
    Love your blog, followed you. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool blog first of all! Im not a big fan of Bare minerals, but I know that myself and many of my makeup artist colleagues adore True Match, because they are so sheer and yet build-able. Easy to mix 2 or 3 colors inexpensively to get it just right! I highly recommend getting ahold of a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used dream mousse concelar and it looked horrible on my skin... i don't even know how to explain it. My gran is a beauty therapist in her spare time (retired nurse) and so i asked her if i was putting it on right, and i was but it just brought out all my imperfections.

    Infact concelar/foundation just brings out all my imperfections, i've got no idea why. I hate it cause i've got really pink cheeks a lot of the time... So basically, nothing works on my skin! :P

    Julie@
    http://yourstalkerslittlesister.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love bare mineral! i think thats the best foundation for summer, its light and it doesn't irritate the skin! nice post!
    xxjess

    ReplyDelete
  10. CC-- thanks! :D

    Jolie-- thanks for the recommendation! :D

    Julie-- oooh, sorry to hear that. maybe it's just not for everyone? thanks for your input! :)

    StuddedLilly-- thanks! and i've heard good reviews about bare minerals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. tbh I don't like any of the dream mousse products. I think they accentuate dryness. the inexpensive foundation I adore is neutrogena healthy skin makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liza-- thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to try that Maybelline Mousse Concealer. I've been seeing it everywhere! lol The downside is that I'm not good at picking the shade. hahah =(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog! I've been faithfully addicted to Mare Minerals for about 6 or 7 years now. It's too hard for me to try something else, it's actually very good on my dry, sensitive skin, And I have eczema. Love it!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leenda-- me either. haha. :)

    DiamondsandTulle-- thanks for recommending! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. i actually use both true match and bare minerals. if i want extra coverage, i'll put the true match on first, then bare minerals over it. or, if i'm in a hurry or don't really care.. i'll just sweep some bare minerals on. i really like both products! {and the prices are great}.

    ReplyDelete
  17. L A C E Y-- yup, prices are great. thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've tried the clean and clear absorbing sheets. haha. i still have to check the other ones out:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool items!

    I need to try the I.D. Bare Minerals :D



    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete