Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Movie: The Tourist

Happy Wednesday!

I've had some free time over the past week to watch some movies, and of course, time to share them with you guys. :)

One of the movies I watched was the much joked about The Tourist.


During an impromptu trip to Europe to mend a broken heart, Frank unexpectedly finds himself in a flirtatious encounter with Elise , an extraordinary woman who deliberately crosses his path. Against the breathtaking backdrop of Paris and Venice, their whirlwind romance quickly evolves as they find themselves unwittingly thrust into a deadly game of cat and mouse.

***from Yahoo! Movies***



Although the critics and movie reviews weren't so good to The Tourist (not to mention Ricky Gervais and his jokes when he hosted the Golden Globes), I still thought it was a fun movie to watch. Did they deserve a Golden Globe for their performance? No, but why should it matter so much when they didn't even win, right???

The Tourist is not as action-packed as other Angelina Jolie or Johnny Depp films. It's not like Wanted or Salt or Mr. and Mrs. Smith, that's for sure... but I think that's the charm of this movie: it's a bit more mellow, but still exciting (and funny!). :)

Angelina Jolie looked absolutely beautiful! And her clothes and jewelry = wow!

It was refreshing to see her as kick-ass, but graceful and vulnerable at the same time.


Johnny Depp, on the other hand, played his character really well. He played every bit the college professor/ American tourist that his character is. He's funny and endearing -- I'm not a fan, but I loved him in this movie!


And even if you are not a big Angelina Jolie or Johnny Depp fan, just seeing Venice (and some of Paris) is worth sitting through this movie. :)





I want to go to Venice! ;)

I'm not gonna say anything more other than I don't regret seeing this movie. It was good. :D


Have you seen The Tourist? Any thoughts?

***images from Google***

And another reminder: My $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway ends on Saturday, June 18th at 11:59 pm PST.


Again, thanks to everyone who entered (and who will enter) and good luck! :D

Have an awesome rest of the week!

28 comments:

  1. I wanted to see this movie :D I guess I wanted to watch it because of Johnny Depp :P This movie just made my list ^^

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this movie! johnny depp is soooooo cute when he's all clueless and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a!k0-- let me know how you like it! :)

    Miss Independent-- hahaha, he's funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I wanted to see this, but seem to forget about it, so in a sense you reminded me, so thanks for that hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi Girl, A BIG HELLO! Honey, I haven't been able to comment on your blog until now! I was having some Blogger issues! I could only comment on the pop out comment form, weird!
    Anyways, I found out thru a friend if you clicked on the keep signed in when you log in, it messes you up! Go figure!

    I want to see this movie! I love Johnny! Thanks for the review!
    Big Smoochies
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this movie ;) all i can say hehe ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. her clothes do look great. i find that sometimes when i watch movies at home i tend to be more easy going on them. i would probably like this at home but hate it in the theater...if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looked absolutely gorgeous in this film!

    http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Johnny Depp and I still haven't got round to watching this film yet - I really want to see Salt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havent seen this but you make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked it and I thought they both looked really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw the movie a few months back - wasn't as bad as I expected, it was quite enjoyable actually. But I thought the story made no sense at all!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this film :)
    great twist at the end!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lovely Mimi;-)
    I see you are happy and well watching films and enjoying the nice Californian weather. I've yet to see the films above. Last night I watched the Kings Speech. Found it very entertaining;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love johnny depp and i loved seeing the canals of Venice, but i couldn't stand hearing johnny with that American accent! ah, it was painful, and it made me realize how much more attractive his British accent makes him. haha.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  16. great movie.
    angelina is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This movie is great :) really good choice :)

    http://margaretavictoria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. u know what? I really love this movie! love the plot and everything hahah I watched it 2 times!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never seen this movie, I must get around to it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey guys! thanks so much for sharing what you thought of the movie with me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen this movie too! It's was good. I enjoyed seeing Venice in every scene. The ending caught me off guard though.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carrie-- haha, yeah, the ending was good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the review, Mimi! I have yet to watch this movie, still on my Netflix queue.;D

    I like Angelina's wardrobe in those stills!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marie-- you're welcome! her wardrobe is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I actually liked it too! :) It wasn't the best, but it was funny and the location was absolutely stunning. <3

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bree-- yep, it was stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete