Happy Wedding Wednesday!
2011 was a year of many "talked about" weddings -- first on the list is, of course, Kate Middleton's wedding to Prince William. Then, there's the Monaco Royal Wedding. Another royal who got married was Prince William's cousin, Zara Phillips. And then among these royal weddings, there's Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth's March wedding and Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kris Humphries.
These celebrity weddings sparked a lot of wedding trends, as TresSugar so kindly enumerated for us.
Here are 6 of those 10 wedding trends:
1. Festive Fascinators - Although I am sure fascinators have been around for quite some time, I think the Duchess of Cambridge made them stylish and fascinating again (okay, sorry, I just had to use "fascinating" to describe fascinators, haha!).
My favorite out of these is the one she wore to christen a boat in Wales.
And of course everyone wore fascinators to the wedding of the year
(or maybe I should say wedding of the century):
Victoria Beckham, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, Zara Phillips, Princess Eugenie, and Princess Beatrice
Here is an example of one you can buy from www.hatsnstuff.co.uk:
Francesca - £85
2. Sisters-Only Bridesmaids - The Duchess of Cambridge made her sister, Pippa Middleton, her Maid of Honor.
Kim Kardashian did the same thing, making her sisters, Khloe and Kourtney, her Matron and Maid of Honor.
3. Dripping in Diamonds - The Duchess of Cambridge wore a Cartier Halo tiara borrowed from her Grandmother-in-law (aka The Queen) and diamond earrings - a gift from her parents.
Duchess Catherine's cousin-in-law, Zara Phillips, also wore a tiara and diamond earrings.
Kim Kardashian joined in with the royals - she wore a diamond wraparound headpiece and diamond drop earrings.
For those of us who don't have relatives to borrow tiaras from (or sponsors to lend us diamonds like Kim Kardashian), there's Jennifer Behr! :)
Arielle ($1250) and Agnes ($498)
Check out www.jenniferbehr.com to see more fabulous headpieces!
4. Nonbridal White - Again, Duchess Catherine started this trend when her sister, Pippa, wore white to the royal wedding.
And again, Kim Kardashian copied her... okay, I'm gonna be nice, she borrowed the idea. All her sisters wore white, and she asked her wedding guests to wear either black or white.
I think Kate and Pippa Middleton did it right because it was just the two of them wearing white as opposed to Kim who had all her sisters wear white dresses (plus her mother and some of her guests!)
I don't know, I guess I'll wait to watch Kim's wedding special to see if the black and white thing worked out okay.
5. Costume Change - The Duchess of Cambridge wore another Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen creation for their evening reception hosted by her father-in-law, Prince Charles.
Princess Charlene of Monaco, on the other hand, changed into a Giorgio Armani Prive evening gown for her wedding reception.
6. Splash of Color - Reese Witherspoon tied the knot in a pink Monique Lhuillier wedding dress.
Here are two colored wedding dresses from Shopbop, if you want to follow Reese's lead:
Marchesa V Neck Full Skirted Gown ($4950) and Catherine Deane Giselle Gown ($2050)
To read more about these 6 wedding trends (and to see the other 4), visit www.tressugar.com. :)
Which of these 2011 wedding trends do you like the most?
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)