Monday, July 29, 2013

OASAP #2: Contrast Animal Print Long Sleeve Shirt + Outfit

Happy Monday!

On Saturday, I shared with you guys the first part of my OASAP haul... and now it's time for Part 2, yay! :D

The second item I chose is the Contrast Animal Print Long Sleeve Shirt:


The shirt featuring overall animal print, contrast basic collar, full buttoned front placket, and long cuffed sleeve with button closure. In a regular fit.

This season, keep an eye out for shirts or blouses to take you from day to night.
Print shirts or blouses also look stunning and are on trend. Looks amazing with a pair of cool shorts or jeans and a pair of creepers.

Price: $26.90
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large

When I was a teenager, I didn't like shirts like this because I found them too restricting and too "grown-up"... but now that I am older, I absolutely love them! :)

I like how they can go from day to night (as the description above points out).
You can pair this shirt with virtually anything -- jeans, shorts, skirts, etc.
I was gonna say leggings, but it's actually not long enough to cover your behind, so that may be a problem if you want to wear leggings with it. Besides that and the small detail of some extra thread around the buttons, there's really nothing bad about this shirt.

This looks great by itself and it would also look amazing with a blazer on if you want to wear it to work.

There are a thousand possibilities of styling this shirt... shorts and sandals to go super casual, jeans and ballet flats for semi-casual, and skirt and pumps for a dressy look -- I'm sure you guys can think of more! ;)

I got it in a size Medium and it fits just right.
Their size guide really helps a lot, so make sure you take advantage of it.


Front

I went for the dressy look, haha! ;)

I wore my shirt to dinner with my friends.
I wanted to get all dolled up for the night, so I paired my shirt with my teal skater skirt... I kept the rest of my look simple by wearing dangling earrings and simple rings. :)

Back

A look at my shirt:


I tucked it into my skirt for a more polished look, but I didn't button it all the way up because I didn't want to look too formal. ;)

The Print

Isn't the print so cute?!
I love it!

Shoulder Detail

The shoulder part also has a really pretty and delicate ruched detail.

Cuffed Sleeve with Button Closure

Since it's a bit chilly at night, I decided to wear the long sleeves all the way down with the cuffs buttoned.
You can also definitely fold them up for a more casual look.

Contrast Basic Collar

Button it all the way up or not -- either way, it looks great! :)

Other parts of my outfit:


I wore my shirt with this teal skirt I bought on sale from Forever 21 -- it was only $6.99!
It actually has a black waistband, but I folded it because it looked a bit off with the cream detail of the top.


I wore my JS by Jessica Simpson Oscar Patent Leather Pumps.

Having a pair of nude pumps is a definite necessity!
More on these pumps on a separate post, I promise! ;)


Because the print is already so busy, I decided not to wear a necklace.
Instead I just went for these dangling earrings from Forever 21... I really love my earrings -- when I saw them, I knew I had to get them! ;)

By the way, I wore my hair up in a loose top knot.

Sorry, I didn't have time to paint my nails! :/

Since I buttoned my sleeves, I ended up not wearing arm candy... I just went for these simple rings.

Not pictured: A bag.
I didn't really bring a bag, I just brought my wallet and phone with me, haha. ;)

So yup, I am very happy with this shirt. At $26.90, it's a great buy!
We can definitely get a lot of use out of it. :)

To learn more about OASAP and to shop (Of course, haha!), please click here.
You can also keep up to date with them through TwitterFacebookPinterestBlogger, and Tumblr.

What do you guys think of this Contrast Animal Print Long Sleeve Shirt?
Have you bought anything from OASAP before?

I hope you are all starting to get ready for August! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites Instagram? whatmimiwrites :)

79 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I can already see different ways you can wear your shirt. Super cute!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty outfit! I totally love it!

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the cutest print! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It goes so well with the skirt! Very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my dear what a cute shirt
    xoxo
    happy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh love your outfit!! so cute!! and i love the pops of teal so chic hon!! you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The print of this shirt is truly too adorable - I love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute print! and I love the earrings you wore with the outfit :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, peiji! i'm happy you love it! :D

      Delete
  9. Oh that print is lovely.=) Great shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweety, love love this pretty shirt, the print is adorable! Looks so lovely with the blue skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute top! The print is adorable!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute shirt!
    And I love your look, especially the earrings!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely outfit! ♥♥ I love the blouse !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful print!!! nice outfit!!
    Have a good week!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, marcela! i hope you have a good week too! :D

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous! I love that top and the way you styled it is lovely! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice print!!!^^
    i love it ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute and sweet shirt!!!
    kisses

    http://lestyledelapetiteblonde.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you, i'm happy you love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww, thank you!!! i really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's really pretty, mimi! I adore it!

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with Nora, this is the perfect outfit! :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, nice pairing! Cute pattern shirt. I also love your earrings that match with the skirt(:

    Cheers,
    Dreamy Princess

    ReplyDelete
  23. That shirt is adorable. I love whimsical prints!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a cute top!! love your skirt too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your outfit. That top is such a fun, pretty print.

    Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember seeing this outfit. Printed tops are so hot right now. I especially love this one.

    Oh to Be a Muse
    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, printed tops are everywhere!
      p.s. i posted this outfit on instagram. ;)

      Delete
  27. That top is so cute!I have never shopped at oasap before, but they do have really cute items!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good pick! The top is cute!

    (^з^)-☆ Dizzy
    Death-By-Dizziness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. your earrings are so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving that blouse, it is so so cute on you! The print is adorable!

    -Ashley
    Breakfastatsaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute ! :)

    www.sinbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete