Monday, November 15, 2010

Celebrity Engagement Rings

Happy Monday!

There's another week ahead of us... and it's gonna be a busy week for a lot of students - teachers/professors are squeezing in midterms and exams before Thanksgiving (at least mine are...). So, I'm gonna have to do a lot of studying this week and next week, but I will most definitely take some time to do some blogging (I need it to keep me sane, haha!).

A lot of celebrities got engaged these past months. Let's have a look at their engagement rings, shall we? :D

1. Vanessa Minillo - Nick Lachey proposed with a $125,000, 4-carat Bader & Garrin ring.

I am not Vanessa Minillo's biggest fan, but I am happy they finally got engaged. I hope this one lasts. :)

2. Megan Fox - She actually lost the ring, now-husband, Brian Austin Green gave her. She replaced it with this $80,000, 3-carat radiant-cut diamond ring.

She looked beautiful on her wedding day. I'm thinking I'll do a separate post on that.

3. Maria Sharapova - She received this 9-carat cushion-cut stone from L.A. Laker Sasha Vujacic. The ring is said to be worth about $250,000.


4. Hilary Duff - I think her ring is the granddaddy of all engagement rings. Now-husband Mike Comrie gave Hilary this 14-carat radiant-cut diamond ring. Estimated worth? $1 million!

Her wedding was beautiful too. I really should do a wedding post. :)

5. Kristen Bell - Her ring is simple and beautiful - just like her! Dax Shepard proposed to Kristen with this 3-carat emerald-cut Neil Lane ring.


6. Calista Flockhart - Her long-time partner (now-husband) Harrison Ford gave her this 5-carat emerald-cut diamond ring. It is estimated to be worth about $125,000.


7. America Ferrera - Her fiance Ryan Piers Williams popped the question with this $70,000 4-carat round-cut diamond ring.

I think she is going to be a beautiful bride. :)

8. Katy Perry - Katy's now-husband, Russell Brand, gave her a 5-carat pink diamond Cartier ring... but she changed it into this $120,000 3-carat ring (still from Cartier).

*all images and details from http://www.usmagazine.com/*

Jessica Simpson also recently got engaged to boyfriend of 5 months, Eric Johnson.

He gave her this 3-stone Neil Lane ring. The center rock is a ruby, flanked by two diamonds.

*image and detail from http://www.people.com/*

Which ring(s) did you like the most?

--------------------------------------------------

By the way, my GIVEAWAY is still going on. :D It will run until November 21st at 11:59pm PST. Don't forget to enter to win a $55 CSN gift card! To all who entered, thanks and good luck! :D

***Also, please don't forget to leave one comment per entry. There are others who have 2 or 3 entries, but left only one comment - I will still count them as separate ones, but it would be easier if I can just assign a number to each comment. Thanks! :D***

45 comments:

  1. I think I like the cushion cut best, it is really pretty.
    Wedding post! Do it!!!

    What are you studying by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. J simp getting engaged RIIIIIIIGHT after her ex makes me sad...plus I don't think her current bf is what she needs right now. He's such a moocher! Who quits school/football to follow their SO around?? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa-- i definitely will make a wedding post. :D

    N-- i knooow, i was thinking that too, it's kinda fishy that she got engaged right after nick lachey did. and yeah, that guy does seem like a moocher to me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their rings are gorgeous! You should really do a wedding post! It would be interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stand Calist F. but her ring is GORGEOUS!! I chose dropped hints to my fiance about how I wanted my ring when i saw Rachel Bilson's. ( she's no longer engaged... hope its not a curse! ahahah)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH! i love Hilary Duff's ring. But i don't think i want it. it's worth so much i'd be pressured not to lose it. hahaha.

    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leenda-- i will! :D

    Daniela-- same here, i don't like her that much either! and yeah, it's sad that she's no longer engaged, and i don't think there's a curse. ;)

    Carrie-- me too! it's huuuuuge and sooo beautiful, but i don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Megan Fox, Hillary Duff and Maria Sharapova. I guess I like big shiny things. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love unique and different things so I'd say Kristen and Jessica's but love Hillary's too!

    besos,

    ML

    Would love for you to say Bonjour at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool post! Hilary's is DEFINITELY the granddaddy, I would love hers the best if it was a wee bit smaller :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - I love love love this post. I think Maria Sharapova's ring is my fave among the bunch and her fiance is quite the catch too! Such a hottie! Of course Hillary's is INCREDIBLE. And also Calista's picture looks like an oval, not like an emerald? I'm glad they got engaged/married.

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love looking at celebrity wedding rings:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mimi,

    The rings are gorgeous. Nice to look at! I like your post.
    Thank you anyways..

    Kisses,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hm, I like them but I hope my boyfriend will go for a classic Tiffany ring when he´ll once ask me :) I don´t like it too big as long as I still have to hoover on my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow they are all so blingy! I think i like katy's the most because it has quite a plain band
    Rianna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Calista's ring- it's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely engagement rings. In case you're curious about Hollywood's most expensive engagement rings, this is a good read.

    Win our Perricone giveaway worth $150

    Win an Orient Watch USA worth $285

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok I want Hilary's ring, of course. Uh why did Katy downgrade her ring? And I didn't even know Maria Sharapova had gotten engaged... ps I saw her play in Wimbledon the year she won!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so not up on my celeb gossip, jessica is ENGAGED?! whoa. I like Calista's :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know Jessica got engaged? I even read people but missed that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun post, of course, love all the rings! which girl doesn't love diamonds??

    http://www.sisisparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didnt know half these people were engaged haha!

    Love the post!

    xx
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. hey lovely blog:)
    and....
    we have a lot of fashion stuff who are waiting you,for find those brand...please help us...

    http://howcanufind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Definitely should do a wedding post or posts ;) hehe. Oh I thought Nick and Vanessa got engaged a loooong time ago o.O apparently not :P
    I'd have to say my fave is Kristen Bell's ring, simple and elegant :D

    x0x0
    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Calista's ring! It's very different.

    Mike Comrie is from the same city I live in, his family is quite wealthy here so I'm not surprised the ring he bought cost that much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Celebs rings are hella huge!! I like that Jessica's is ruby, I'm a big fan of 'other than diamond' engagement rings, mine is a sapphire!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i think i like Maria's the best, but Hilary's ring is stunning too.

    good luck with your exams!

    Be sure to enter my Jewelry & Makeup Holiday Giveaway!

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't like any of them, LOL! who am I to be picky hehehe. But Hilly's had the biggest and nicest one out of the bunch. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like Vanessa Minillos, Hillary Duffs, and Katy Perrys..

    http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Katy Perry changed her ring??? LOL And Megan Fox lost hers??? What's up with these Ladies? Crazy :D
    Jessica Simpson looks like she had some kind of surgery done...
    Very entertaining post, Mimi! :) Good luck on your exams!! ;)

    ~Caro~
    caroleena85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hilary Duff's ring is really lovely and HUGE!:D

    Why would Megan Fox lose hers? That is crazy and careless!

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh goodness I love Hilary Duff, lol Mike Comrie gave her a 1 mil engagement ring so it better look fab! hahaha. and I'm happy for nick and vanessa, though nick most likely bought that with Jessica's no-prenup money lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. Angelys-- i do too!

    20 YORK STREET-- kristen's is definitely unique. :)

    Chelsea Lane-- it really is! haha. yeah, me too!

    Vivian-- yeah, hilary's is incredible. and yup, calista's does look like an oval, hmmm...

    Katie-- me too!

    Ginger-- hi! thanks!

    Marcela-- of course, a classic tiffany solitaire is good!

    Rianna-- katy's has a classic, old-time look.

    Signe-- :D it's actually kinda sad that the picture isn't clear enough.

    gleenn-- thanks for the links!

    Cafe Bellini-- hilary's ring is just so beautiful! and i was thinking the same thing about katy! i wouldn't change a 5-carat pink diamond ring! haha. ;)

    Krystal-- yup, she is!

    style'n-- haha, i guess not everyone saw that. ;) i heard about it 2 days ago.

    Scientific Housewife-- i definitely won't say no to any of those rocks, haha!

    SiSi-- exactly!

    Jessie-- haha! i love reading usmagazine.com ;)

    Finder-- thanks for the comment!

    a!k0-- yup, i will definitely make a wedding post soon!

    Marie-- ooh, cool! yeah, i read that he comes from an oiler family, so no surprise there.

    Ashleigh-- i bet yours is beautiful! i think i want a yellow diamond. :D

    Cheryl-- thanks! :D

    Venus in Virgo-- yeah, her's is definitely something else.

    Lynnette-- :D

    Caro-- i knooowww, what's up with them??? thanks, btw!

    Marie-- i was thinking the same thing! who does that?!

    Pop Champagne-- hahahha, yeah, most probably!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow! so many rings!! i feel like my fingers are wayyy less sparkly now.

    i thought it was super funny that jessica simpson AND nick lachey are both engaged now. crazy weirdness!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Calista's Missoni dress!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. 3-carat radiant-cut diamond ring is the best looking in my opinion. really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I proposed my girlfriend with Aviant Jewelers Zirconia Women's engagement rings and its truly beautiful. The sparkle catches everyone's eye and looks so elegant. she have got so many compliments on the ring (even a year after the proposal!) Would highly recommend this Aviant Jewelers Zirconia Engagement Rings for Women for a timeless classic.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Wonder Bread Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  39. Statistics students and professor are worried to find the deviation calculator because their work depends on it.
    CH Varsity Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Donovan Mitchell Jacket

    ReplyDelete