Hi, everyone! :D
When we say East vs. West, these are the things that come to my mind:
Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers, New York City vs. Los Angeles, Gossip Girl vs. 90210, The City vs. The Hills...
What comes to your mind? What about when it comes to style?
Check out this spread from Teen Vogue that explores the differences between East coast and West coast style:
I went on www.hm.com to try out their Fashion Studio application and made three East coast ensembles and three West coast outfits. :D
1. New Yorkers' ensembles are devised to carry us from work to play.
2. The city's style is made up of Wall Street business, punk, prep, and ladylike elegance.
3. NYC Chic is effortless and off-the-cuff, with enough layers to face the fickle elements.
1. The California boho look is all about styling yourself by instinct rather than trends.
2. There's less emphasis on appearing immaculate - undone hair and makeup can look amazing.
3. ... isn't afraid to look playful and different, and it works in her favor.
Since I live in Los Angeles, I think my style tends to lean more towards the West coast style, of course. But I also like to add a bit of East coast flair - especially during Winter. :)
What's your style?