Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Anastasia of Beverly Hills: ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO

Happy Wednesday!

Besides bright colors, I am also loving a "healthy, bronzy glow" -- nothing screams summer more than that, right?! ;)

075

Look we love: Sun-swept
We love a healthy bronzy glow, we love Shisheido makeup artist Dick Page, and we super-loved Michael Kors' spring show. Page swept bronzer along brow bones and cheeks, then dusted eyes and lips with soft beige. 
The result: gorgeous, fresh-from-vacation, sand-swirled tawniness.

***magazine page scanned by Mimi***

Luckily, I have an eye shadow duo that helps me achieve a sun-kissed, bronzy eye look! ;)
Thanks again to Anastasia of Beverly Hills for sending me their See And Be Seen Kit:

See And Be Seen

1. ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO in On Set
2. TINTED BROW GEL in Caramel
3. HYDRAFULL GLOSS in Heiress and Plastic

I've gushed all about the HydraFull Glosses here, and now it's time to talk about the ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO! :D

070
ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO in On Set

ILLUMIN8 Eye Shadow Duos are unique clinically and consumer-tested shadows designed to illuminate, firm, and smooth the appearance of skin while also soothing, softening, and hydrating. It’s makeup that works like skincare! Formulated with Anastasia’s exclusive Youthful Synergy™ Complex and Balkan Botanical® Infusion.

CLINICAL RESULTS
Clinical result at 1 HOUR:
29% increase in skin hydration

Clinical results after 4 WEEKS eye area appears:
Firmer, Smoother, Lighter, and Less Puffy

Consumer results after 4 WEEKS on eyelids:
70% appear firmer
83% appear smoother

- Long-wearing
- Hypoallergenic
- Ophthalmologist-Tested
- Paraben-Free
- Fragrance-Free
- Can be worn wet or dry
- Dermatologist-Tested

027
On Set: champagne shimmer and gold shimmer

I am not much of an eye makeup person, but I do try to come up with some simple looks from time to time.
This eye shadow duo is perfect -- the shades are both beautiful and basic, it's kind of hard to go wrong with them. ;)

They blend easily and are highly-pigmented.
Both shades have just the right amount of shimmer.
They are long-lasting and I think the colors really complement each other.

I love the natural look this eye shadow duo gives.

I am quite happy and content with this, and hopefully I can finally move on and use my other eye shadow palettes (the ones with bolder colors, haha!). ;)

The ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO also comes in other colors besides On Set.

   
On Set (champagne shimmer/ gold shimmer), At Chateau (tan shimmer/ bronze shimmer), My Bedford (pale pink shimmer/ violet sheen), Power Lunch (pink shimmer/ lavender mauve shimmer)

Price: $23
At $23, this is definitely pricier than the eye shadow palettes I normally buy... but, Anastasia of Beverly Hills truly has some of the most excellent and high-quality products I have ever tried.

I hope they release more color combinations, though... I'd love to see this eye shadow duo in other shades. :)

The ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO is available at all Sephora stores or online at www.anastasia.net and www.sephora.com.

Have you tried Anastasia of Beverly Hills' ILLUMIN8 EYE SHADOW DUO? 
Thoughts? Opinions?
Is this something you might be interested in buying?

I hope you guys are having a fantastic week! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and Be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

56 comments:

  1. i like the iea of brow gel... but i never used it
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll post a review of the brow gel soon! :)

      Delete
  2. ahhh that duo is amazing! i am looking at golden anything right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also loving the bronzed looked lately! :) I am tempted to pick up this duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi susie! let me know when you do and let me know how you like it. :)

      Delete
  4. ohhhhh pretttttttttttty!!! i'm amazed that they have skin repairing properties! not just a eyeshadow.. that's pretty cool!! will have to check this out :) thanks mimi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, lisa! and i knoooow, i love the skin repairing properties, so amazing! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so not good at achieving a bronzed look. I love these colors! I really need to try it more often. Maybe I will get better with practice!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i am practicing as well, haha! we'll get there, don't worry! ;)

      Delete
  6. Pink and lavendere shimmers are my favourite!!!

    Have a nice day,

    Benedetta

    www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always forget about bronzer as I am fish-belly white, but some shimmer might be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh bronzers, that's my version of self tanner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of these bronzing kinds of shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this kit. I love how the semi-sheer formula didn't drag on my lids. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eye palette looks so pretty!

    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything and everything bronze in the summer ;) You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd love to get a nice bronzed summer glow!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bronzy look is perfect for summer. The eye shadow shades look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi lovely,I love this kit!!!
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi marcela! i hope you have/had a nice day too! :)

      Delete
  16. Great review. I've wondered about this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i hope i answered all your questions! :)

      Delete
  17. Ooh, I LOVE this Eye Duo - the color are so glam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The eye shadows are pretty great and Anastasia is a fun makeup company.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow these shadows are AMAZING! so pretty. i've never heard about this before but i'll definitely look more into it!

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved your suggestions! ^-^ the color of those swatches are perfect for summer :)

    kiss kiss * Monstros no Armário

    ReplyDelete
  21. Using bronzer is healthier than tanning. Thanks for sharing your swatches.


    http://purrincup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! and yes, it's definitely better for us. :)

      Delete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am really enjoying yours and all of your product reviews.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! and thank you, i really appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  23. i'm not much for eye makeup either. but this duo looks really good. i like that it has shimmer.

    Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
    Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful colors, I like the shimmer! :]

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds great! I like Power Lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love their eye brow packet. Golden color palette for the summer, it is very stylish.

    ReplyDelete