Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Lucky Guide to SWIMSUITS!

Happy Tuesday! :)

It's the first day of August tomorrow, and that always kind of makes me sad because it means the end of summer is just around the corner and we're bound to go back to school. :/

But instead of thinking of that, how about we just talk about swimsuits? ;)

I really want to get a new swimsuit for when I hit the beach again this summer... luckily, here is Lucky magazine's guide to swimsuits:


In splashy prints and insanely flattering cuts, the season's best suits have us wishing for beach weather.

1. TROPICAL - All of these suits inspire that giddy, just-landed, "I'm on vacation!" feeling.


2. OLD HOLLYWOOD - Wonderfully curve-enhancing, these will have you ready for your close-up.


3. STRIPES - Carefree and completely chic, they're summer's signature pattern.


4. DIGI-PRINTS - Colorful techie designs are thoroughly hypnotic (and so very right now).


5. COLOR-BLOCKED - Here's proof you can do the sporty thing and still look totally sophisticated.


I am more of a one-piece kinda girl, so I am gravitating towards the yellow stretch nylon keyhole swimsuit from Old Navy and the Mara Hoffman "Double Twist" swimsuit from ASOS -- the peek-a-boo detail of both swimsuits adds a sexy element to their otherwise conservative style. :)

What about you? Which of these swimsuits caught your eye the most?
Which style do you usually go for -- one-piece, two-piece, halter, bandeau, etc.?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Win any bag of your choice from Twisted Orchid (worth $80 or less)!
It is open to U.S. residents only and it will end on August 9th at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and Be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

41 comments:

  1. i usually switch off between a one piece and a bikini. i've really been liking bandeaus though. i think they're flattering for girls with small busts, like me. LOL. the style that i liked that most are tropical and color blocked.

    Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
    Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other? Your blog is lovely!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome and thanks! and yeah, sure! :)

      Delete
  3. Follower#1583
    omg lovely post.i am loving your blog.just great posts.i am your new follower..follow me back
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the floral(:
    Cant wait to see you on my blog!
    www.faashiongeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the swimsuits look nice!! But my favorite would be the Old Hollywood ones! thanks for the nice comment<33

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bikinis!!! beautiful selection!!!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a one-piece girl here! Incidentally, I've just ordered a maillot. :p I'm into the Old Hollywood style right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a one piece girl too. I love watching the Olympics and seeing what is the trend these days. I'm kind of shock to see some wear so much in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the old hollywood suits :)


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am all over the old hollywood suits. I just love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wish i could find an "old hollywood" that would look good on me!! i love that style!


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure you'll find the perfect one for you! :)

      Delete
  12. oh i love that bikini with kind of the little skirt- on the second photo. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely. I can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah, it's quite hard to decide! ;)

      Delete
  14. i'm obsessed with the old hollywood bathing suits.. something about pin up bathing suits are soooo va va va voom!! i think they are sexier then 2 piece bikini's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree, they are definitely va va voom! ;)

      Delete
  15. I wear bikinis and sometimes one-piece suits too! These are pretty!:)

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Mimi!
    I miss reading your blog lol :p
    time flies when you're on vacation.
    I love the striped swimsuits/bikini's
    I was always a one piece kind of girl
    too but have been wearing bikini's for
    swimming for the past 2 years. I'll go
    back to a one piece any time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi peiji!!! i hope you're having a fantastic time on your vacation, i can't wait to hear all about it! :D

      Delete
  17. Like everyone else, I really like the Old Hollywood style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy crap, this is amazing! Why hadn't I seen this before?! I feel enlightened.

    ReplyDelete