Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RedRock Challenge: Go Team USA! :D

Happy Wednesday/ Thursday! :D

I had so much fun doing the £100 ASOS Blogger Challenge, so when I found out RedRock was hosting a similar challenge, I just had to participate again. :)

All you have to do is pick one or more of their items from their website and/or ASOS Marketplace, show how you'd style them, say a little something about the outfit you put together, and make a blog post about it -- easy, right?!

Learn more about the RedRock Challenge here.

So, for my take on the challenge, I picked the upcoming London 2012 Olympic Games as my outfit's theme. ;)


I am rooting for Team USA of course, so I was ecstatic to find the GOOD MORNING U.S.A. Shorts (£26). I would pair it with the IMASTAR Cropped Shirt (£21). To continue our Team USA theme, I would wear either red or blue Keds -- representing the American flag and keeping with the sporty spirit of the Olympics. I can't leave the house without my sunglasses, so for this outfit, I would go with red wayfarers. Lastly, I chose the Union Jack earrings not only because London is hosting this year's games, but also because after Team USA, I am rooting for Team GB. :)

I think this outfit is fun and casual -- perfect for watching the games while hanging out with family and friends. :D

Anyone else excited for the upcoming London 2012 Olympics?
Which team are you rooting for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Win any bag of your choice from Twisted Orchid (worth $80 or less)!
It is open to U.S. residents only and it will end on August 23rd at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and Be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

33 comments:

  1. I went and liked your facebook page! I definitely liked the way you paired it! Gotta love the color combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the american hot pants! ;D

    Kisses,

    Benedetta

    www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun, babe! those shorts are so cute!!

    xx james

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit. I am so excited about the upcoming Olympics. Will definitely be watching the opening ceremony tomorrow.

    Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put together such a cute outfit! I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks, marie! and i am looking forward to it too. :D

      Delete
  6. very cute! i am super excited for the olympics. i can't wait to see the opening ceremony. everyone says it's gonna be amazing!

    Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
    Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. USA USA USA!! hehe i love your outfit!! those earrings are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for the gymnastics!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm excited for that too and for swimming, of course! :D

      Delete
  9. I am super excited about gymnastics, diving, and beach volleyball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, i am excited for diving and beach volleyball too! :D

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thanks, stephanie! and yay, go team usa! :D

      Delete
  11. loving the USA/nautical theme! so cute! xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, i'm super excited for the olympics!

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!!! I'm super psyched about the London olympics :)) I'll be rooting for Russia cuz that's where I'm from hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. o i love that shorts (: although i missed out the opening ceremony im sorta excited for it too (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a good show, the last part was especially impressive. :)

      Delete