Friday, December 16, 2011

Food Network Friday: Christmas Menu

Happy Friday!

Christmas is next week, isn't it crazy?!
Now that we've talked about our own Christmas wishlists and our gift lists, I think it's time we talk about food.

Is your Christmas menu planned and ready?

I was browsing through www.foodnetwork.com because I wanted to find a dish or a dessert I can contribute to my family's Christmas meal. And of course, no surprise, I found a lot of recipes that are perfect for Christmas!
I thought it'd be nice to share some with you guys:
Level: Easy

Ham has always been a part of my family's Christmas tradition.
 My Dad is always the one who picks out our Christmas ham.

My favorite thing about ham is the glaze, of course.
And I love how there is always some ham left over -- perfect for delicious ham sandwiches!
Picture of Horseradish-Crusted Steak Roulade Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
Level: Easy

Steak is one of my absolute favorites in the world!
Whenever we eat out, my sisters and brother always order pasta or salmon or cheeseburger.
Me? I order steak. All.The.Time. ;P

This steak roulade looks delicious, and I love how the red bell peppers and the leeks give the steak a nice Christmas color!
)
Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
Level: Intermediate

Isn't this side dish just beautiful?!
The colors are gorgeous and it looks like some sort of delicious Christmas decoration to me. ;)

Total Time: Less than 10 minutes
Level: Easy

This is a no- brainer!
This is a refreshing take on a salad -- perfect as a first course.
)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Level: Easy

This noodle dish looks yummy!
It's simple and very easy to make!

Total Time: 30 minutes
Level: Easy

I looove shrimp and it would be nice to have this on the side -- a perfect complement to our steak roulade.

7. Fruitcake Parfaits

)
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Level: Easy

Nothing screams Christmas more than fruitcake.
I think this dessert will be a hit with everyone!

Total Time: 26 minutes
Level: Easy

It's always nice to have something warm to drink after opening gifts -- this cafe au lait is perfect!
Delicious and so Christmas-y!

The recipe calls for strong coffee, but if you just want plain old hot chocolate, I don't think there's any harm in omitting coffee when you make this drink. ;)

***images and recipes from www.foodnetwork.com***

What's on your Christmas menu?
Which of these eight recipes did you like the best?

I wish all of you a wonderful and happy weekend!

-----------------------------------
P.S. My $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway is open until the 23rd!
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

35 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, these all look scrumptious! I like all of them, but the one I want to have right now is number 8! I actually quite like coffee, so I won't have any problems with the recipe.

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia-- i want to have that one right now too, haha! and i'm not much of a coffee drinker, but i'll definitely give it a try, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!
    follow me? of corse follow you too ;3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikt-- thanks! and yeah, let's follow each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they all look so good! >.< I think i love the Horseradish-Crusted Steak Roulade and vegetable tarte tartin the most... omg. im drooling just staring at your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen-- haha, don't they look great?! aaah, i love food network. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm my stomach is totally rumbling looking at all those pictures...yummy!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fruitcake parfaits looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. everythings is fab!!!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://artsecommunication.blogspot.com/ U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! fortunately i don't have to worry about preparing the whole meal, but i'll definitely be helping out with the potatoes and dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the easy stuff in the last pic! Yum!

    Beautiful menu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah-- haha, mine too. ;)

    meg-- i knooow! ;)

    StreetChic-- :D

    Sia-- haha, me too! ;)

    ashley-- haha, same here! i'll probably make dessert though. :)

    ellie-- glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love ham! they're so yummy. I also like steak. the juicy ones are the best. that parfait and the hot chocolate looks really good as well! how i wish i can cook.

    Come and enter!
    In Love With Fashion Giveaway.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so delicious!!!
    will try to make #7 and #8!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie-- haha, i'm sure you'll learn how to cook someday! ;)

    miss_fashionmix-- let me know how it turns out for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. These all look delicious! I'm gonna have to make my Mom see this post, I think she's gonna wanna use these recipes. Thanks, Mimi! :)

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belle-- you're very welcome! i hope your mom likes these recipes too! let me know if you end up making some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. bellissimo e bounissimo!!!!blog fantastico!!!sono nuova follower!!a presto!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sabrina-- aww, grazie! i'm glad you liked my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Chocolate Christmas Cafe Au Lait looks aaaaaaaamazing! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, following you now, hope you'll follow me back :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look delish!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, love yours!

    B http://glamourandgrungefashion.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This all looks gorgeous, I'm away for Christmas so I won't be scoffing untill new years day, but I CANNOT WAIT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmmmm! so tasty! I can't wait for Christmas to enjoy all this yummie food

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. HI MY LOVE!!!
    Thanks for your sweet comment and for following me!!!

    NICE PICTURES!!

    NOW I'M YOUR NEW FOLLOWER...HOPE YOU CONTINUE VISITING MY BLOG...THERE IS A NEW POST <3 <3

    http://thechicetoile.blogspot.com/

    KISSES FROM ITALY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never had spaetzle, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe it's Christmas already either! Just 2 weeks left of 2011! :O

    You picked some yummy looking food pictures. It's nearly midnight and now I'm hungry again :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. everything looks so delicious!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Alex-- you're so welcome! and thanks for following, will definitely follow back!

    Audrey-- :D

    Bronagh-- thank you! i'm glad you liked my blog!

    Eloise-- new year's is a happy occasion to eat a lot too, haha! ;)

    yiqin-- ;)

    Alexandra-- me either!

    Chic Etoile-- you're welcome and thanks for following me too!

    Meri-- it does, doesn't it? ;)

    SewPetiteGal-- i knooooow, it's sooo crazy to think that the year is almost over! :O and aww, it makes me hungry too, haha! ;)

    Bad Joan-- i knooow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This post is making me super duper excited for Christmas! Food is definitely a big part of the holiday season. I can't wait to pig out haha. The homemade spaetzle and the shrimp scampi looks so delicious! <3

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bree-- aww, i'm glad it's making you excited! and yes, food is a very important part of any celebration. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow all that food looks so so scrummy! I'm just used to the usual veggie meat and veg! I'm coming to yours if you are cooking that sort of stuff! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Second Hand Rose-- i would love to have you over for dinner! ;)

    ReplyDelete