Monday, December 26, 2011

Music and Late Gift Wish: ADELE Live At The Royal Albert Hall DVD

Happy Last Week of 2011!!!

It's so crazy to think that we are now on the last week of 2011... and that Christmas has come and gone.
*Sigh* Time just flies by, doesn't it?

Anyways, one of the major newsmakers of the year is non other than the extraordinarily talented and beautiful Adele... and you all probably know by now that I am a huge fan, haha! ;)

I went to go see her live in concert at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2009.
She sounds exactly the same live, if not even better -- and that is something not all singers can say about themselves. Adele is truly one-of-a-kind!

I want to go to one of her concerts again!
I'm not sure if she has any tour dates set at the moment, though... so in the meantime, I would be perfectly happy with ADELE Live At The Royal Albert Hall DVD.
I can't believe I forgot to add this to my Christmas wishlist, haha! ;)

21

This DVD features the full 90 minute performance, plus behind the scenes footage shot throughout that day. The package also contains an exclusive live CD of the entire show.

This is the first time fans will be able to hear all of Adele's hits and best loved songs on one CD plus her stunning covers of Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" and The Steeldrivers "If It Hadn't Been For Love".

Here is the trailer for the DVD:



Doesn't it look amazing?!
I loved the part where everyone started singing along to Someone Like You, and seeing it move Adele to tears is so touching. She really deserves all her success.

Here are two of her performances from the DVD/ The Royal Albert Hall:

Turning Tables -



Set Fire To The Rain



Love it love it love it!

I hope you guys enjoyed listening to both of these songs as much as I did (or still do, I listen to these nonstop!).

I wish all of you a wonderful week!
Let's end the year right! ;)

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites

40 comments:

  1. thanks for the recommendation- her voice is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meri-- you're welcome and i totally agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mimi! I hope you had a really merry christmas and i also wanted to say thanks for hosting the shopbop giveaway, i am super excited to go online shopping. thank you!

    And also thanks for introducing a lot of adele's songs to me, she is really awesome!

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia-- hi! thanks, i hope you had a fantastic christmas too! and you are very welcome! congratulations and have fun shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adele is incredible! I love her too! My roommate and I always listen to her songs. I will never get tired of listening to Adele.:)

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle-- same here! i love all her songs, and i will probably listen to and love every song she will write in the future too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool thanks for sharing I've been a fan of Adele for a long time this is truly a treat !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curves Ahead Make up-- you're welcome! and yup, this is a treat, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she has such a powerful voice. i think my favorite song of hers is Someone Like You. it's very heartfelt. I can totally feel the pain that she felt every time i listen to it. i would love to go see her live as well. that would be so rad. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie-- i love someone like you too! and i totally agree with you, she has such a powerful voice and there's feeling in every song. i think you'd have a fantastic time watching her live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I caught this on YouTube a few months ago and was stunned. Her voice is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! Adele does really have an amazing voice!

    Miss L
    eisaamitte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adele has amazing talent and i love her signature makeup, the winged eyeliner looks stunning on her!
    i envy you for getting to atend her concert!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow this does look amazing! I love Adele sooo much, her voice is beautiful :) Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm following you now, follow back pretty please? xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love adele she is so amazing!

    http://contagiousfashion111.blogspot.com/
    feel free to comment and follow

    ReplyDelete
  16. that trailer made me all teary eyed! that looks like a fantastic concert film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adele is amazing ! I love her voice!Have a great New 2012 Year. Following you now, pls follow back.
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not that big of an Adele fan but you're right, her voice is great!
    Hope you've had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Adele! I'm such a huge FAN!

    Andy, After Flats

    www.afterflats.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE adele! She was awesome this summer when I was getting over a breakup! great video pics. I hadn't seen these..

    xattentionsquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh, Adele is just so brilliant. Her voice is so powerful and her hair is so gorgeous! I would love to attend her concert as well. 'Turning Tables' is my favorite song of hers! <3

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love her too! So lucky that you got to see her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love her ( she has an amazing voice ) and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fashion is for idiots-- aww, thanks! and you're welcome!

    Dree-- :D

    Miss L-- yup, she does!

    Rakhshan-- i looove her signature looks too! her hair is gorgeous and i love her black dresses. ;)

    Meg's Budget Boutique-- thank you for following!

    FashionFrenzy-- :D

    Amber-- i got teary-eyed too!

    Aurelia-- thanks for following!

    Jane-- thanks, i sure did! i hope you did too!

    Andy-- you and me both!

    taylor-- if anyone can get you through a breakup, i think it would be adele. ;)

    Bree-- i love love love that song!

    meg-- thanks! i hope you're having a good one too!

    Marie-- i knooow, it was such an awesome experience! :)

    yiqin-- agreed!

    Francesca-- aww, thank you! i will definitely visit your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anna-- aww, thank you! and yes, let's follow each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adele his so wonderfully talented. I adore her beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We wish you all the best for 2012,and keep up the good work with your blog


    ==========
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/

    An Online Wardrobe for worldwide Fashion Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  29. i really love adele!!!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so very grateful for your time.Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.

    ReplyDelete