Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: My Top 5 Favorite Weddings of the Year

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

I can't believe this is the year's last Wedding Wednesday post! :O

 A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you guys who I thought were the Most Beautiful Brides of 2011... and now, it's time to take a look at my top 5 favorite weddings of the year! :D

2011 was filled with tons of weddings -- from the royals (seven!) to celebrities to fashion royalty.
It was quite difficult to pick favorites, but I managed to trim down my list to five. ;)

Here are my top 5 favorite weddings of 2011 (in chronological order):

1. Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth
When: March 26, 2011
Where: Ojai, California


There weren't very many photos of Reese's big day released for us to see, but judging from the ones they've shared with People, I can tell that Reese is really very happy. 

She looked radiant and beautiful. Her blush-colored Monique Lhuillier gown fit her perfectly.
Her hair and makeup are both so simple -- just like her.

Reading about the details of her wedding -- from the bed of lavender sprigs they stood on for the ceremony, to the food they ate, to the role her kids had -- made me smile and feel happy. 
It's a wedding I would looove to attend -- it was all about love, family, and friends.

Read more about Reese and Jim's wedding here.

2. Prince William and Catherine Middleton
When: April 29, 2011
Where: London, England


It's impossible to talk about 2011 weddings without mentioning the royal wedding.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding is THE wedding of the year (no matter what the Kardashians say... haha!). ;)

People all over the world tuned in as Kate became Her Royal Highness, as Sarah Burton became a household name, and as that bridesmaid dress caused a Pippa phenomenon.

I think this wedding is the complete opposite of Reese's private and quiet wedding, but there is still that sense of sincerity and familiarity present. It is by far the most extravagant and most expensive wedding I've seen -- totally not your average wedding. They will never have a normal life, but I loved how there were definitely small hints of them being just like everyone else -- from them driving off together (granted not everyone's Dad owns an Aston Martin), to cousins stuck in a major fashion disaster, to a photo bomber, haha!

In my opinion, this wedding did not disappoint. ;)

Read more about the Duke and Duchess' wedding here.

3. Dylan Lauren and Paul Arrouet
When: June 11, 2011
Where: Bedford, New York


What a gorgeous wedding!
I love love love Dylan Lauren's wedding!

The bride looks stunning and her groom is dashing and handsome.
Every detail is so well thought-out -- you can definitely see Dylan's personality here.
There's candy everywhere (she is, after all, the queen of candy!), it's fun, it's fabulous.

And those bridesmaids' dresses? The colorful flowers? LOVE!
So beautiful!

See more photos of Dylan and Paul's wedding here.

4. Molly Sims and Scott Stuber -
When: September 24, 2011
Where: Napa Valley, California


While I loved the bright colors of Dylan Lauren's wedding, I am also loving the neutral colors of Molly Sims' big day.

I adore her Marchesa wedding dress, it's really beautiful!
Her updo is the perfect hairstyle -- it's clean and it shows off the details of her dress perfectly.

I've always liked the idea of bridesmaids not wearing the same exact dress even though it may seem quite hard to pull off. Molly's bridesmaids' dresses are perfectly mismatched and they all look fantastic!
I think I'd do it that way too. ;)

5. King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Jetsun Pema -
When: October 13, 2011
Where: Punakha, Bhutan


A colorful wedding and a royal wedding rolled into one? I like that!

King Jigme and Queen Jetsun's wedding is the last royal wedding that the world saw this year.
It is completely different from Britain's royal wedding, but I think that's exactly why I loved it.

It's unique and there wasn't much international fanfare, but it brought the tiny kingdom of Bhutan into the spotlight. 
We were given the chance to learn about and appreciate their beautiful traditions. :)

And I also think that the King and Queen are so cute together!
He's always beaming at her and she smiles shyly back at him = awww!

I read somewhere that he proposed to her when he was 17 years old and she was 7 -- okaaay, that's either really creepy or really cute... I'd go with cute, though, haha! What do you think?

So yup, there we have it, my favorite weddings of the year...
I hope you enjoyed reading this post -- I definitely enjoyed writing it! :)

Which of these five weddings did you like the most?
Which weddings of the year belong in your top 5?

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

37 comments:

  1. Hi there :) I've never been one of those girls who imagined her wedding day but this is just wonderful. The royal wedding was pretty much a Disney movie!

    http://pau-v.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember waking up early to watch Will+Kate's wedding - that was probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The royal wedding was definitely my favourite, Kate is such a stunner!
    Can't wait to see the future babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly Sims bmaid dresses are my favorite of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I hate to admit it I think my fave was Lauren Bush's wedding. Her dress was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't love weddings :) although the royal wedding was lovely, traditional weddings could be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sia-- so do i! ;)

    Pau-- i'm glad you think this is wonderful. :) and yeah, the royal wedding was pretty much like a fairy tale!

    Audrey Allure-- i'm so glad i woke up and watched the wedding too!

    Jazz-- that would be so exciting, haha. ;)

    Nikki-- same here!

    Amber-- oh gosh, her dress was really beautiful! her wedding is in my top 10. ;)

    Nanx-- haha, i knooow, who doesn't love weddings?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is when i wish i was rich just so that i could have such a fabulous wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gahhh, I love your Wedding Wednesday posts! I can't believe 2011 is almost done. Anyways, I totally agree with your top 5.

    I love all of them, really. I adore Reese Witherspoon's laidback wedding and both of the royal weddings are wonderful. Dylan Lauren's colorful wedding is to die for and Molly Sim's gown is just beautiful! <3

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, I meant to say Molly Sims'! My mistake, love. ;)

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keira-- awww, i'm sure your wedding was a very special day! :)

    Bree-- awww, thank you, bree!!! i'm glad you loved this post and that you agree with my top 5. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoy reading your posts, especially the ones for wedding wednesday! This was such a fun thing to read, all 5 weddings are beautiful!

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olivia-- aww, thank you, i'm really happy you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful weddings!!! my fav is Kate&William, because i watched it :), but all brides are beautiful and stylish

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. just me-- i really loved their wedding too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jetsun was stunning and all the colors are ahhhmazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reese Witherspoon's wedding was gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey !
    Great top 5 ! I think Kate&William was my favorite, I didn't watch the full thing, I just waited to see Kate's dress :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. to be honest, i only knew the first and the second wedding! hahaha.
    i really like Reese's wedding dress! it's simple yet elegant :) i want mine to be similar like that in the future hehe. im not a huge fan of the mermaid kinda style of dresses :p

    William and Kate's wedding gotta be my favorite! Royal weddings are simply magical :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there Mimi Girl :)
    Ooo, Reece is my fave! She looked stunning!
    Don't get me wrong I loved the Royal Wedding, such fun and frenzy!
    Lots of love
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cate & Will's was my favorite!

    Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Summer-Raye-- i totally agree!

    Laura-- aww, haha, i'll add you to it if you like. ;)

    Erika-- :D

    Kimberly-- it's definitely at the top of my list. ;)

    JoaNNa-- i agree, royal weddings are magical! actually, all weddings are. ;)

    coco-- :D

    gi gi-- hi!!! reese definitely looked beautiful! ;)

    Savvy Gal-- :D

    meg-- thanks, i'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Royalty always in our book! What's cooler than marrying a prince (besides maybe being one)? xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is an amazing post! You must've spent a lot of time on this! I really love both royal weddings, I kinda want to be a princess, haha.:)

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Style, She Wrote-- haha, i knooow, it would be so cool to marry a prince! not so sure about the lack of privacy and constant scrutiny though... ;)

    Belle-- i spent some time preparing the photos but i definitely enjoyed it. :) and i think we all secretly want to be princesses, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great! I'm glad you didn't include the Kardashian disaster hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Meri-- i'm happy you liked it! and hahaha, yeah, that wedding didn't even make my original list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. awwwww. love seeing wedding pictures too! (:

    http://xdirtylittlesecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. all of these weddings are fabulous indeed. my favorite would have to be the royal wedding of course! i don't think any one can top that. but dylan's wedding dress is beautiful. i also love how each bridesmaid's dress is a different color. normally, i wouldn't like that. but they turned out great!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Carrie-- haha, yeah that is very true, i don't think any other wedding can top the grandeur and extravagance of the royal wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. We are grateful for your dedication about this helpful post.thanks for explain this post with taking your important time.

    ReplyDelete