Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Christmas Gift List! :)

Happy Wednesday! :)

On my last post I shared my Christmas wishlist with you guys, and today I wanted to share with you the stuff I have on my Christmas gift list.

I am on a budget, so it's great that these gift ideas are all affordable -- the most expensive one is $40! ;)

1. The Bizarre Truth: Culinary Misadventures Around the Globe by Andrew Zimmern ($12.98) -

My Dad is a big fan of Andrew Zimmern and his DVR is full of Bizarre Foods episodes, so I think this is a perfect gift for him.

The Bizarre Truth: Culinary Misadventures Around the Globe

2. Ultraflesh Mini-Lipstick Set ($29 for 6 lipsticks) -

My Mom travels a lot -- these mini-lipsticks are gonna be perfect for her. She can just keep them in her carry-on bag and take them out when she needs a touch-up (and the colors are gorgeous!).

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

3. Philosophy Hand Care Set ($40) -

My older sister loves to keep her hands clean and moisturized, and I just know she's gonna love this hand care set -- it's gonna be such a pretty addition to her bathroom!


4. TruBee Honey Wildflower Honey ($6 and up) -

My brother-in-law is a really good cook and he loves to drink tea -- he'll be able to use honey for different recipes and for tea. Another great thing about this? My sister can use it too! ;)

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

5. H&M Sequined Polyester Skirt ($20) -

My other sister loves sparkly stuff and I am 100% sure she is gonna be ecstatic about this beautiful skirt -- she can style it in different ways.

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

6. Bumble and Bumble Assorted Hairpins ($15/50 pieces) -

My youngest sister loves to try different hairstyles -- these assorted hairpins are gonna be used a lot!
She better not lose them though, those are like $3.33 per piece (yup, I did the math). ;)

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

7. American Eagle Striped boxer briefs (2 for $12.50) -

I honestly don't understand why my brother likes to wear his pants low... I mean, c'mon he has a belt! But anyways, what can I do, he's a teenager. I'm gonna give him these cute boxers, though -- even if his jeans are low, at least his boxers are nice, right? ;P

under $20 gift guide

8. Fred Letterpress Cookie Cutter and Stamp Set ($20) -

My best friend is starting to experiment with baking, so this cookie cutter and stamp set will be a good gift for her.
We are gonna have fun baking cookies!

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

9. Merona Leopard print fleece scarf ($14.99) -

My friend, Andrea, lives up north and she always tells me how it's always so cold up there.
This fleece scarf is gonna keep her warm (she loves leopard print too, so that's a plus!).

under $20 gift guide

10. Muji Mini Colored Pencils ($11) -

Stephanie is a fantastic artist! These mini colored pencils are perfect for her random doodles. I like that the pencils come in a cute container -- she can just keep them on her desk, right next to her sketch pad.

Holiday Gift Guide 2011

11. Tumi Photo Keychain ($19) -

Ivy is always always always losing her keys! I'm gonna give her this keychain and I'm gonna put a picture of her with me and our other friends -- hopefully it will be important enough to make her not lose her keys anymore. ;)

holiday gift guide 2011 adds

***ideas and images from www.instyle.com, www.people.com, and www.barnesandnoble.com***

Picking out and giving gifts is ultimately more fun and rewarding than receiving them.
I really like putting thought into the gifts I give -- I want them to be meaningful and useful, of course.

What do you think of these gift ideas? What's on your Christmas gift list?
How's Christmas shopping going?

-----------------------------------
P.S. Speaking of shopping, I would love for you to join my $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway! It is open internationally and it ends on December 23rd -- perfect for some more Christmas shopping!
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

37 comments:

  1. I love your list! :D I love the mini lipsticks I think i should get something like that for my mom ^^, and the color pencil is so cute. Haha I don't understand why guys like to wear their pants low :P but that's what cute boxers/underwear are for :D and I so want that tin pin! ;)

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a!k0-- thanks, glad you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt! Some great ideas of prezzies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ellie-- isn't it pretty? and i knooow, such great ideas i found online. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is so cool! and the shirt awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice post dear!
    wish you a wonderful day.
    <3
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gifts are fabulous! I am loving that sparkly skirt! I totes agree with you. Although I love getting gifts as well, I like giving them more. ;)

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  8. maren anita-- thank you! :)

    Bree-- isn't that skirt just awesome?! glad you feel the same way about gift giving too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one ridiculously priced hair pin, Mimi!

    another day to wander

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely gifts Mimi! Your family and friends are lucky...p.s. hope they're not reading your blog, otherwise they'll find out what you got them already. .-) I sent off my packages to family and friends yesterday to the U.S. and Canada and have yet to go shopping for loved ones here.. I'm hoping to remedy that this weekend.

    A great big hug!

    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful list!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  12. great gifts! i definitely need that grace soap/lotion set! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha the boxers... they are cute =) very thoughtful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool = )


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love everything! Those lipstick colors are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those letterpress cookies are SO CUTE! and so is that skirt-its been too long since I was at H &M I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dianne-- hahaha, i know, it's a bit expensive but they're different kinds of hairpins so i guess that's why. ;)

    LeeLee-- thanks!

    Reese-- haha nope, they don't read my blog so it's okay. ;) i'm sure you'll be able to get your shopping done this weekend! hugs to you too! :D

    Audrey Allure-- i know, right?! ;)

    Fabrizia-- aww, thank you!

    ashley-- i kinda want it too, haha. ;)

    Clara-- :D

    Elle-- it's so pretty. :)

    yiqin-- :D

    Keira-- thanks! glad you think so. :)

    La Mode En Rose-- :D

    Annemarie-- i really like those colors, i'm gonna have to borrow them, haha. ;)

    Meri-- haha, i haven't been there in so long too, it's crazy! they have a lot of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finished my Christmas shopping last night! It feels so good to have that done and finding perfect gifts for our friends and family is the best!

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belle-- i totally agree with you! and kudos to you for finishing your christmas shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love you gift ideas! I want most of these for myself :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know what I love more- pretty lipstick set, gorgeous leo scarf, fab skirt... wow!:) kisses
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)
    p.s. One more day 'till the end of TeenyB Bikini Couture giveaway on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are such amazing ideas! I want that philosophy soap and lotion set for myself! :)

    Hope you have had a great week! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  23. seems like you have quite a nice big family! :)
    I love watching Bizarre Foods! whenever I can't
    fall asleep, I can watch 2 episodes until I feel
    sleepy enough to stop watching lol =p

    those are such nice and thoughtful gifts!
    I'm sure they'll love what you get for them :)

    hope you'll have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh love the letterpress cookie cutters! WHat a cute idea! And that skirt? I LOVE SPARKLES! So so pretty...and just think: if you get it for Christmas you could wear it for New Year's! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes please to the leopard scarf and sequin skirt ;) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. jenny-- haha, to be honest, same here. ;)

    Jelena-- me either! but i think i'll go for the lipstick set. ;)

    Stephanie-- isn't that set just awesome?! :) and thanks, i hope you had a great week too!

    Peiji-- yup, i've got a big family, haha! and i watch shows like that to help me fall asleep too. ;) have a wonderful weekend!

    Ashley-- yes, exactly! ;)

    just tututiny-- thank you, glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I like the skirt and the scarf! Both very cute!

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great gift list! I really like that skirt. It's too cute. And the hair pins are so cool. :D

    Come and enter!
    In Love With Fashion Giveaway.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Carrie-- aren't they nice?! it would be so cool to have different kinds of hairpins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What lovely personalised thoughtful presents! Your family and friends are very lucky! I love the mini lipsticks, the skirt and the cookie cutters! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Second Hand Rose-- aww, thank you! i am very lucky to have them too. :)

    ReplyDelete